The Madison Small Business Development Center offers free, confidential business coaching for entrepreneurs who want to obtain financing to start or expand their business. Our unlimited engagement period allows development of long-term relationships.
Applicants for free business coaching should have one of the following qualifications:
- Have a written business plan or have been in business for at least one year; OR
- Have expressed a desire to obtain funding to start or expand a business.
Benefits you can expect:
- Improve your business plan
- Improve your marketing plan – understand niche markets, competitive strategy, market capture rate, etc.
- Make business process improvements
- Understand your financial statements
- Obtain assistance with financing proposals and grant applications
- Learn to effectively manage business growth
- Unbiased knowledgeable feedback
Free business coaching is confidential and is conducted on a one-on-one basis. Sessions are customized to meet the needs of each client. Experienced SBDC coaches are committed to working with clients on a long-term, ongoing basis.
One-on-one business coaching for the UW SBDC has been extremely helpful and has guided Matrix Product Development to a more profitable direction. I am very confident that the SBDC brings returns many times over to the community as a whole. Kristi Pulvermacher, Director of Sales and Business Development and Ron Pulvermacher, President, Matrix Product Development
UW-Madison, Small Business Development Center
975 University Ave, #3260
Madison, WI 53706