Stephen Covey's 7 Habits for Small Business Managers
This is an exciting new program in collaboration with the Small Business Development Centers across the U.S., FranklinCovey has customized The 7 Habits for Managers program to fit the needs of small business owners, managers and employees. This two-day seminar is well established as one of the most powerful management development programs in business today and is now available at a special reduced price through the SBDC.
Skills you will learn include:
- Conflict Resolution.
- Execution of strategy, business plans and goals.
- Accountability and Trust
- Team and Employee development
- Performance Management
“70% of strategic failures are due to poor execution by leadership… It’s rarely for lack of smarts or vision.”
G. Colvin & R. Charan, “Why CEO’s Fail” Fortune Magazine
7 Habits for Managers “The Age of Knowledge Work” approach: unleashing the potential of team members, freeing them to make their best contribution. Managers who work on their character, who manage themselves effectively before trying to lead others. Managers bring their “whole selves” to work, define their unique contribution, and achieve great and enduring results.
“An effective manager gets results. A great manager writes a new story.”
Great Managers = Great Organizations
Just about anyone can get results for a quarter or two. But it takes an exceptional manager to unleash the potential of the team and “write a new story” of success. The 7 Habits for Managers is a unique, new approach to management development that helps your management team move from getting good results to getting great and enduring results. FranklinCovey’s The 7 Habits for Managers workshop is an intensive, application-oriented learning experience that focuses on the fundamentals of great leadership. This workshop gives new and experienced managers a set of tools that will help them meet all of today’s management challenges, including how to:
• Increase resourcefulness and initiative
• Define the contribution they want to make in their role as managers
• Manage performance through a balance of accountability and trust
• Give constructive feedback
• Improve team decision-making skills by embracing and encouraging diverse viewpoints
Tools for Highly Effective Managers
The 7 Habits for Small Business Managers workshop is taught as a two-day, facilitator-led workshop. The 7 Habits for Managers workshop follows a reinforced learning process that includes:
• A rich, comprehensive participant guidebook
• A Management Essentials book with insights on the role of the manager
• An audio CD with Stephen R. Covey explaining how The 7 Habits apply to managers
• Paper and electronic versions of the tools introduced in the workshop
The 7 Habits for Managers workshop is a powerful application of the 7 Habits to the role of the manager. Learn to write a new story with this powerful workshop from FranklinCovey, the recognized leader in developing effective leaders, effective employees, and effective organizations.
Day 1 AM
Habit 1: Be Proactive®
• See alternatives, not roadblocks
• Focus on what you can influence
• Expand, not limit, your resources
Habit 2: Begin with the End in Mind®
• Define your unique contribution as manager
• Define practical outcomes
Day 1 PM
Habit 3: Put First Things First®
• Focus on the important, not just the urgent
• Set a few “wildly important goals”
• Plan weekly, act daily.
Day 2 AM
Habit 4: Think Win-Win®
• Balance courage and consideration
• Manage performance through a Win-Win process
• Build trust with co-workers
Habit 5: Seek First to Understand then to be Understood®
• Practice empathic listening
• Give honest, accurate feedback
Day 2 PM
Habit 6: Synergize®
• Seek out differences, not just accept them
• Synergize to arrive at new and better alternatives
Habit 7: Sharpen the Saw®
• Treat team members as “whole people”
Facilitator: Barry Roberts, Education Program Manager, UW-Madison Small Business Development Center. Barry joined the Madison SBDC in 1997 after working for eleven years in a Madison based regional consulting and training firm. He has extensive experience in training, facilitating, and consulting in the areas of human resource development, leadership development, team building, strategic planning, and quality improvement. Barry has first-hand experience starting and managing a business that helps him understand the needs and desires of entrepreneurs and small business managers. He is a certified FranklinCovey facilitator for the Habits for Small Business Managers two-day seminar.
Barry earned a M.S. in Continuing and Vocational Education from the University of Wisconsin-Madison, and also a B.S. in psychology from the UW-Madison.
Barry Roberts and Stephen Covey, September, 2007
or Call to Register at 608-262-3909