Project Management Essentials
This session takes the mystery out of how to organize and plan projects, meet deadlines, and keep the budget under control. You’ll benefit by saving time and money through improved plans, schedules, and communications.
Through presentations, small group discussions, and hands-on activities, you will learn:
- How to recognize when to use project management techniques
- How to develop your role as a project manager and strengthen business relationships
- How 5 unspoken customer issues affect your project
- How to use the SMART approach to goal setting
- How to develop a work break down (WBS) structure
- The importance and use of Gantt and PERT charts
- How to implement 7 planning strategies
- How to use the critical path method (CPM) to manage projects
Who Should Attend
Business owners, managers, supervisors, project managers (or leaders) who want to improve their project management skills.
Roe M. Parker speaks out with experience. Roe’s "hands-on" experience is gleaned from a 27-year career as an elected official and public manager in the workforce development field. His background also includes working as an educator and small business owner. He has taught project management concepts and the use of Microsoft Project software since 1991.
REGISTER or Call 608-262-3909