Acquiring Business Financing: What You Need and How to Get It
Business financing today is a challenge for businesses at all stages of growth. Whether you have a start-up or a rapidly growing venture, funding is a key aspect to your ability to grow and succeed.
This program is designed to help you make the best decision on how to acquire financing given your business characteristics, needs, and growth potential. Making the best decision can significantly impact your chance for continued growth and success.
Who Should Attend:
- Start-up business owners who have a business plan.
- Techology business owners who have used grant funding in the early stages and now need to expand their financing.
- Current business owners looking to grow to the next level.
- Entreprenurs who self-financed the first round of a business but are now looking for new financing options.
- Anyone looking for a better understanding of how business financing works in today's market.
- Prevent the "crash and burn" experience of pitching to the wrong financing sources.
- Get information from a credible source only interested in your success (UW SBDC).
- Learn an overview of all types of financing including some new options never available in the past (crowd source funding)
- Hear from some key players in the local financing arena.
- Forum to ask questions prior to making decisions or pitching ideas to “wrong” entity.
- Understanding of what documents are needed for what type of funding pitch.
Phil Greenwood, is an educator and trainer in the fields of accounting, finance, and entrepreneurship. Currently, he is a Senior Lecturer for the Weinert Center of Entrepreneurship at the Wisconsin School of Business, University of Wisconsin-Madison (consistently ranked among the top 25 entrepreneurship programs by Financial Times and Entrepreneur magazine). Phil has designed and instructed numerous courses for MBA, Executive MBA and executive education customers.
A number of guest speakers will also discuss financing options with the group. To be determined.