As leaders who serve on the front lines of our businesses and professions, stress and adversity come with the territory. It’s how we recover and navigate temporary challenges that will determine how we bounce back and move ahead towards attaining individual, company or organizational goals.
This online session explores the tenants of resiliency and provides leaders with tools that will enable them to develop mental toughness in order to cope and adapt when faced with major or minor obstacles.
Topics covered in this course include:
- The what and why of resiliency and the science of positive psychology.
- Values-based planning, purpose and overcoming obstacles.
- Developing strength-based leadership.
- Flight, Fight and Freeze and controlling emotional and physical reactions.
- Developing team resiliency.
- Obtain preventative and wellness education for development of resilient leaders & teams
- Learn skills to prevent feelings of burnout and lapsed motivation.
- Learn tools to develop an optimistic outlook for the future.
- Develop emotional regulation and awareness to reduce stress.
At the end of this course, participants will :
- Develop a values-based plan that provides a sense of purpose, aids in overcoming obstacles, and supports physical resilience.
- Identify strengths, and learn how to develop and use them personally and professionally.
- Become aware of thoughts and how they drive your emotional and physical reactions.
- Identify how to analyze events accurately to take proper action steps that aligns with their values.
“Aisha’s energy and style were particularly great. She clearly has a handle on this subject. The occasional self deprecation was awesome for our midwestern sensibilities. Would definitely recommend her to others as a presenter.” Melissa Gower; Gower Tutoring, Owner
Schedule: April 5 – 7
Time: 1:30-3:30 each day
- April 5: Resiliency 101
- What is Resiliency?
- Benefits and Science of Resiliency
- April 6: Values & Strengths
- Gratitude: Look For The Good
- Value-Based Goals
- Tap into Your Strengths
- April 7: Resilient Thinking
- Reframe Your Thoughts
- Balance Your Thinking
- Celebrate Good News
Fee: This $279 course is being offered at no cost due to funding from the CARES Act.
Disability Statement: Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact the UW-Madison SBDC office at email@example.com to request accommodations.
The Small Business Development Center at UW Madison is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
Aisha (pronounced: Eye-shah) Thomas is a Leadership and Team Development Expert, Consultant and Professional Speaker. This award-winning Executive Trainer aims to develop leaders and teams to improve resiliency, workplace culture, emotional intelligence and diverse talent management.
She has excelled in multiple leadership roles, managed numerous high-performing teams, and developed leaders from the first tier to executive level. As a member of the United States Air Force, she has proudly served her country during peacetime and global conflicts.
Aisha’s solution-based approach has been recognized for improving organizational breakdowns and practices. She also is a staple in her community by developing the next generation of leaders – today’s youth. Aisha has reached thousands nationwide and continues to transform multiple industries and individuals one solution at a time.