As leaders who serve on the front lines of our businesses and professions, stress and adversity come with the territory. It’s how we recover and navigate temporary challenges that will determine how we bounce back and move ahead towards attaining individual, company or organizational goals.
This online session explores the tenants of resiliency and provides leaders with tools that will enable them to develop mental toughness in order to cope and adapt when faced with major or minor obstacles.
Topics covered in this course include:
- The what and why of resiliency and the science of positive psychology.
- Values-based planning, purpose and overcoming obstacles.
- Developing strength-based leadership.
- Flight, Fight and Freeze and controlling emotional and physical reactions.
- Developing team resiliency.
- Obtain preventative and wellness education for development of resilient leaders & teams
- Learn skills to prevent feelings of burnout and lapsed motivation.
- Learn tools to develop an optimistic outlook for the future.
- Develop emotional regulation and awareness to reduce stress.
At the end of this course, participants will :
- Develop a values-based plan that provides a sense of purpose, aids in overcoming obstacles, and supports physical resilience.
- Identify strengths, and learn how to develop and use them personally and professionally.
- Become aware of thoughts and how they drive your emotional and physical reactions.
- Identify how to analyze events accurately to take proper action steps that aligns with their values.
Schedule: 1:30-3:30 each day
- April 5: Resiliency 101
- What is Resiliency?
- Benefits and Science of Resiliency
- April 6: Values & Strengths
- Gratitude: Look For The Good
- Value-Based Goals
- Tap into Your Strengths
- April 7: Resilient Thinking
- Reframe Your Thoughts
- Balance Your Thinking
- Celebrate Good News
Fee: The full course costs $180. A shortened preview version (Resiliency 101) is available at no cost.
- Click to Register for the full course (April 5, 6, 7), or call 608-262-3909 to register. This course costs $180. BONUS: Place 2 or more spring or summer paid leadership courses in your cart, and use discount code SBDC10 for 10% off. Classes must be purchased in the same transaction.
- Click here to register for Resiliency 101 only (April 5). This $99 value course is being offered at no cost due to funding from the CARES Act.
Registration policy: Payment will be required at time of registration; you must have either a credit card or valid UW-Madison funding string to be able to register.
Cancellation policy: If you cancel before the program begins, there is a $25 cancellation fee. If you cancel after the program begins you will be charged for the full program fee. To cancel, call registration at 608-262-3909.
Disability Statement: Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact the UW-Madison SBDC office at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodations.
The Small Business Development Center at UW Madison is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
Aisha (pronounced: Eye-shah) Thomas is a Leadership and Team Development Expert, Consultant and Professional Speaker. This award-winning Executive Trainer aims to develop leaders and teams to improve resiliency, workplace culture, emotional intelligence and diverse talent management.
She has excelled in multiple leadership roles, managed numerous high-performing teams, and developed leaders from the first tier to executive level. As a member of the United States Air Force, she has proudly served her country during peacetime and global conflicts.
Aisha’s solution-based approach has been recognized for improving organizational breakdowns and practices. She also is a staple in her community by developing the next generation of leaders – today’s youth. Aisha has reached thousands nationwide and continues to transform multiple industries and individuals one solution at a time.