Taught as a one-day, facilitator-led program, the Effective Presentation Skills workshop helps individuals learn how to:
- Identify the presentation objectives, audience needs, and expectations
- Use the “Presentation Planner” tool
- Leverage powerful business communication and persuasion strategies, even in the face of fear
- Use the “Visual Advantage” guidebook, learning how to use visuals effectively
- Prepare effective presentation notes, handle questions, and practice to perfection.
You are encouraged to bring a laptop with your own presentation so you can work on it during the class
Even the most experienced professionals can lack effective presentation skills. They fail to prepare, are fearful in front of people, have poorly organized thoughts, and lack the confidence to engage and persuade an inattentive audience. In contrast, consider an organization where employees possess the know-how to deliver dynamic, compelling, and truly effective presentations time and again
Effective Presentation Skills workshop, helps participants discover how to craft presentations around essential objectives, present key concepts and ideas with power and enthusiasm, design and present effective visuals, and employ techniques for polishing and mastering presentation delivery. Executives, managers, and staff alike will boost presentation performance with our effective presentation skills class, enabling them to motivate teams, win business, and improve results.
- Leave with a well-crafted presentation
- Receive valuable tools, including the Presentation Planner and the Visual Advantage guide book
- Obtain a five-week implementation plan to help you prepare any presentation with confidence
Location: Grainger Hall, UW-Madison
Schedule: 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Dates: March 10, 2020
Click to Register (Link to be active soon)
Or call 608-262-3909 to register
This Program is preapproved for SHRM recertification
Cancellation policy: If you cancel before the program begins, there is a $25 cancellation fee. If you cancel after the program begins you will be charged for the full program fee. To cancel, call registration at 608-262-3909.
If there is inclement weather, please call 608-263-2221 for a recorded message after 6:30 am for day classes or after 3:30 pm for night classes
Julie Wood was the Program Manager at the Wisconsin Small Business Development Center at UW-Madison for many years. Before coming to the SBDC, Julie was director of operations at Oriel Incorporated and a financial software consultant at SVA Consulting. She also started and ran Checks + Balances, Inc., an accounting consulting business. Julie recently holds a M.S. in Educational Communications and Technology from UW-Madison and is a certified FranklinCovey facilitator