Description: What are the qualities of effective leadership in this time of great uncertainty? What enables someone to become an adaptive and resonant leader when the coronavirus is profoundly altering our workplaces, our expectations, and our daily lives? This online session explores the core foundations of leadership and examines the unique challenges facing our organizations and their leaders during these uncertain times.
Topics that we’ll cover in this course include:
• The challenges of leading in the age of COVID-19
• The difference between leading and managing
• The six dimensions of a COVID-19 leader
• Resonant vs. dissonant leaders and their impact on others
• How to guide people through turbulence and uncertainty
• Leadership strategies for building community
• Techniques for creating a shared vision
• Strengthening leadership resilience and developing resilience in others
• Developing presence – becoming a mindful leader
You will leave this seminar with a deep understanding of your strengths as a leader during these times, areas where you could most enhance your effectiveness as a leader, and a plan for your development as a resonant leader.
Location: Online (link will be sent to registered participants)
Schedule: (course will be offered twice; participants must attend both days)
Fee: This $269 course is being offered at no cost to participants due to the support of CARES Act funding
- Click to Register for August 17 & 18, 2020, class takes place from 1:30-3:30 pm each day
Or call 608-262-3909 to register.
This Program is preapproved for SHRM recertification
Jeff Russell, (MS, UW-Madison) co-director of Russell Consulting, Inc., specializes in helping organizations achieve their goals by successfully responding to the challenges of continuous change. With a focus on leadership, strategic thinking, leading change, and performance coaching, Jeff has guided organizations as diverse as Fortune 500 firms, social and public sector organizations, and small family businesses toward their goals. Jeff received his Masters Degree in Industrial Relations from the UW-Madison where he serves as an ad hoc faculty member for the Small Business Development Center. Jeff also is an adjunct faculty member at UW-Milwaukee, and UW–LaCrosse.
Jeff and his wife and business partner Linda have co-authored nine books. Recent publications include: Change Training, Strategic Planning Training, Change Basics, Strategic Planning 101, Ultimate Performance Management, and, most recently, Fearless Performance Reviews (McGraw-Hill, 2012). For more information on Jeff and his work, visit Russell Consulting, Inc.’s website at www.RussellConsultingInc.com.