An inclusive work culture promotes innovation, productivity and profitability. How well do leaders and teams embrace difference? In this session, we will discuss the leadership role in embracing diversity, inclusion and equality within their organization, the characteristics of Highly Inclusive Leaders and examine the impact of trust and unconscious bias. After all, the way forward begins with leaders and how open and active they are to foster healthy, diverse and inclusive environments and teams. Topics will be covered through discussions, self-assessment and activities.
Who should attend?
Business owners and Managers who want to understand what it means to be an inclusive leader and their role in embracing diversity, inclusion and equality within an organization.
- Practice techniques to better understand participant identity, and to facilitate working together without judgement, with greater respect and with better effectiveness.
- Understand how diverse teams yield more creative, synergistic and effective outcomes and improve reputation and profitability.
- Identify strategies to broaden participant perception of diversity and increase cultural competence in the organization.
- Why all the hype about Inclusive Leadership?
- Diversity’s Impact on Team Performance
- Inclusive versus Exclusive Leadership
- The Keys to and Habits of Inclusive Leadership
- Why Unconscious Bias Matters for Inclusive Leadership
- How Unconscious Bias Affects Decision-Making in the Workplace
- Strategies to Overcome Unconscious Bias
- Inclusive Leadership and Decision Making
- Characteristics of Highly Inclusive Leaders
Location: Grainger Hall, UW-Madison
Schedule: 8:30 am to noon
Dates: TBD Interested in a custom on site training? Contact Heather Ferguson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-263-9675.
This Program is preapproved for SHRM recertification
Cancellation policy: If you cancel before the program begins, there is a $25 cancellation fee. If you cancel after the program begins you will be charged for the full program fee. To cancel, call registration at 608-262-3909.
If there is inclement weather, please call 608-263-2221 for a recorded message after 6:30 am for day classes or after 3:30 pm for night classes.
Deborah Biddle works with organizations and individuals who want to increase effectiveness through solutions-focused development in leadership, diversity and inclusion. As founder of High Performance Development Solutions LLC, she is passionate about engaging leaders and building individual and organizational strength. Deborah has more than 25 years of business leadership, operations, talent development, project and change management, communications, facilitation, training, strategic planning and financial analysis experience.
Deborah is a certified Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Certified Practitioner, a certified Talent Management Consultant and a certified Retirement Coach. She also holds certifications in Gender-Based Analysis+ from Status of Women Canada and Interaction Style Self-Profile from PPS International Limited. Deborah studies Race, Justice, Implicit Bias and their effects on communication and organizational effectiveness and is a contributing writer for InBusiness Magazine and Madison365 on business, career, diversity and inclusion concerns. She holds a Master of Business Administration degree from Keller Graduate School of Management and a Bachelor of Arts in Finance from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.