According to a Salesforce.com study, 86% of executives blame failures within the workplace on a lack of team collaboration and poor communication. 97% of those study participants, employees and executives, believe that when a team lacks alignment, it impacts the outcome of a task or project.
Teambuilding is the process of connecting individual contributing employees to form a team focused on accomplishing a specific purpose and goal. The hardest part of developing and maintaining a top-performing team can be knowing where to begin.
This workshop has been developed to support leaders and aspiring leaders to build high-performing teams within their department, company or organization.
- Identify and reflect on your own teams’ strengths to identify opportunities to apply new practices that enhance your effectiveness.
- Explore teamwork principles and practices that can assist you to harness your own and your team’s potential.
- Obtain tools to improve team communication and productivity.
- Formulate an action plan that will allow them to translate and apply what was will learned
- Understand how to adapt leadership style to connect with team members.
- Obtain tools to improve individual and group productivity
- Establish clearly defined team goals and develop a plan of action to achieve them.
- Obtain strategies to manage conflict and problem solve amongst team members.
Schedule: 1:30-3:30 each day
Dates: July 13, 14 & 15
- July 13: Stages of Team Formation
- July 14: Teamwork Emotional Intelligence
- Social Skills
- July 15: Team Engagement
- Team Values
- Customized Interactions
- Conflict Resolution
Fee: This $279 course is available at no cost thru CARES Act funding.
Disability Statement: Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact the UW-Madison SBDC office at email@example.com to request accommodations.
The Small Business Development Center at UW Madison is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP® or SHRM-SCP®.
Aisha (pronounced: Eye-shah) is a Leadership and Team Development Expert, Consultant and Professional Speaker. This award winning Executive Trainer aims to develop leaders and teams to improve resiliency, workplace culture, emotional intelligence and diverse talent management.
She has excelled in multiple leadership roles, managed numerous high performing teams, and developed leaders from the first tier to executive level. As a member of the United States Air Force, she has proudly served her country during peacetime and global conflicts.
Aisha’s solution based approach has been recognized for improving organizational breakdowns and practices. She also is a staple in her community by developing the next generation of leaders, today’s youth. Aisha has reached thousands nationwide and continues to transform multiple industries and individuals one solution at a time.