Some people just command the room. From the moment they open their mouths, people are hanging on every single word. If you want to become a dynamic communicator, it is important to understand that the tone, pace, and confidence of your speaking voice plays a major role in how your message is received by listeners. Attend this workshop to gain valuable, research-based insights and skills that will help you boost your professional presence and ability to influence by using the sound of your voice. This workshop will be a fun and out-of-the box way for you to start honing your presentation and verbal communication skills.
- To communicate with executive presence and engage your listeners from the first word you speak
- How to stir emotions like excitement, calm, urgency, and trust simply by adjusting the pitch of your voice
- Breathing exercises to create a resonant and strong voice that projects to every listener
- Speech flow and rhythm for a more dynamic, engaging speech delivery
- Does the sound of my voice matter?
- That is my voice – there is nothing you can do about it – Oh yeah? Using your voice as an instrument.
- Move the voice in your head to get the response you want.
- Using this knowledge when presenting.
Location: Grainger Hall, UW-Madison
Schedule: 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Dates: Tuesday, October 15, 2019
Click to Register
Cancellation policy: If you cancel before the program begins, there is a $25 cancellation fee. If you cancel after the program begins you will be charged for the full program fee. To cancel, call registration at 608-262-3909.
If there is inclement weather, please call 608-263-2221 for a recorded message after 6:30 am for day classes or after 3:30 pm for night classes.