You are the future. Invest in yourself with SHRM certification.
Are you looking for help to navigate the increased demands on HR professionals? Become the most qualified and valuable HR professional you can be with SHRM certification.
The SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP®) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP®) are the only behavioral competency-based HR certifications. This means you’ll have the answers AND know what to do on the job. SHRM certifications can build and strengthen your real-world value to yourself, your organization and your future.
Why enroll in your SHRM Certification Preparation course at UW-Madison?
- Our course participants consistently complete their exams at a 90%+ pass rate (compare to overall SHRM pass rates here)
- Our course is taught by experienced HR professionals who integrate real-life examples into their instruction. With three different instructors, you also will have the opportunity to hear from different perspectives.
- Our SHRM-certified instructors provide tips for passing the exam throughout their teaching
- Our course, being held online for Fall 2020, provides you with even more flexibility. The twice-a-week evening schedule allows for more face-time with your fellow cohort members, and the shorter, after-work time blocks help with content retention.
- Participants in our course are offered the opportunity to join peer-led study groups in order to enhance their learning and to network and learn from your peers
- Boost your credibility: 58% of managers of SHRM-certified credential holders look to them for their enhanced efficiency and tendency toward leadership.
- Boost your career: Of SHRM-certified professionals who were promoted, 63% report that their credential was a key factor.
- Boost your salary: HR professionals who pass the SHRM certification exam report earning salaries 7%-9% higher than peers who do not.
- The SHRM Learning System, historically ranked the #1 HR certification prep tool
- A structured learning experience that keeps you on track
The SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP certifications are built upon the SHRM BoCK, which is based on the input of some of the best minds in the HR profession to define eight behavioral competencies and 15 functional areas that every HR professional should know. This course is offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the world’s largest HR membership organization devoted to human resource management. The course investment includes all course materials but does not cover registration for the SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP examinations.
Who should take this course?
Our certification preparation course is designed primarily for individuals seeking SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification.
Certification is a great choice for HR professionals who want to:
- Increase their knowledge
- Advance their skills
- Earn recognition from the global community
And now? Learn Right from Where You Are.
Do you wish you could prepare for your SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam with the guidance of an expert instructor, without leaving home? Attend one of our live, virtual, instructor-led certification prep courses.
This semester (Fall 2020), UW-Madison is taking our course VIRTUAL! That means that you can prepare for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP online with guidance from a SHRM-certified instructor. With our online course, you’ll benefit from live instruction and interaction with peers – so you can prepare with confidence – from home.
- Gain one-on-one guidance to help you comprehend and learn to apply your new HR knowledge.
- Engage with the SHRM Learning System as it dynamically adjusts to your interaction and unique learning style.
- Acquire the knowledge and understand the behavioral competencies you need to prepare to pass the exam.
- Network and collaborate with peers to share real-life examples and bring HR knowledge and competencies to life.
- Stay on track to earn your certification with a structured learning experience and support.
Dynamic Online Tools for Success
In addition to your in-class learning, you will have access to the SHRM Learning System, which offers personalized learning that dynamically adjusts based on your progress and proficiency.
This program is designed to help you apply HR knowledge and competencies to real-life situations and advance your career while offering;
- Effective and Proven Results: Designed specifically for adult learners, this interactive system combines in-depth HR knowledge with real-life situations to help you master the material and set you up for success on your certification exam.
- Personalized Approach: The SHRM Learning System dynamically serves up the content and tools you need to fill your unique gaps. It presents topics in bite-sized pieces so you can study anytime and anywhere that fits into your schedule.
- Current and Relevant Topics: Be prepared for today’s complex HR challenges. The globally applicable content helps you master the SHRM BoCK and learn everything you need to be a forward-thinking, strategic and effective HR professional.
- Resources to Boost Exam Confidence: Supplement your class time learning with more than 2,000 practice questions, flashcards and Quickstart videos. Maximize your exam readiness with a Practice Exam made up of more than 150 retired exam questions and a digital copy of Ace Your SHRM Exam: A Guide to Success on the SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP Exams by Nancy Woolever, SHRM-SCP.
NEW! Option to Test from Home
SHRM recently introduced the option to take your SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam from home, through live remote proctoring. With SHRM’s new live remote proctoring option, you’ll be able to continue moving toward your goal of SHRM certification wherever you are.
- Leadership & Navigation
- Ethical Practice
- Business Acumen
- Relationship Management
- Critical Evaluation
- Global & Cultural Effectiveness
- Talent Acquisition & Retention
- Employee Engagement
- Learning & Development
- Total Rewards
- HR in the Global Context
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Risk Management
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Employment Law & Regulations (U.S. only)
- Structure of the HR Function
- Organizational Effectiveness & Development
- Workforce Management
- Employee Relations
- Technology & Data
- Business & HR Strategy
Advancing your career. For those not seeking certification, the SHRM Learning System for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP course provides a comprehensive and accelerated option for professional development. Participants gain a generalist viewpoint, refresh key ideas and concepts, strengthen their understanding of core HR competencies and increase productivity.
Program Requirements: There are no admission requirements to take this program, however certain criteria must be met for participants taking the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP exam.
SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Exam Requirements: To apply for either the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP, candidates must have a combination of education and professional HR experience. For more information, visit SHRMcertification.org.
"Thank you so much for the expert instruction and class organization! I am so glad that I took the class rather than just doing independent study - several times during the exam (which I thought was very difficult) I almost felt like I had Judy whispering in my ear!"Previous SHRM Student
Schedule: Tuesday & Wednesday evenings, 6:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m.
Program dates: September 22, 2020 – December 2, 2020 (No class 11/24 & 11/25 due to Thanksgiving)
$1400 (Non-SHRM members)
$1350 (Local SHRM members)
$1300 (Nat’l SHRM members)
$1250 (Local & Nat’l members)
Valid until September 10, 2020: $100 discount code EARLYBIRD2020
For more information on the SHRM certification course please contact Christine Gruneberg at email@example.com or 608-263-0224
"Thank you, thank you for all you have done for me and the HR profession."Previous SHRM Student
Judy Peirick, SHRM-SCP℠, SPHR
Judy was the vice president of human resources at Webcrafters, Inc. She has more than 30 years of human resource experience in health care and manufacturing. Her primary areas of responsibility have included strategic planning, employee and labor relations, talent acquisition and management, total rewards, development and safety.
Judy graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Madison with a bachelor’s of business administration in management. She is very involved in the community and has served on numerous boards including United Way, Meriter Retirement Services, The Alliance, the Wisconsin Collaborative for Healthcare Quality and the National Cooperative Rx. She has also served on several human resource advisory committees including the Dane County Manufacturing Consortium, the Council on Wisconsin Strategies, W-2 steering committee, Oakwood, and United Cerebral Palsy.
Summer is the Chief Operating Officer of QTI’s Total Rewards Consulting practice specializing in total rewards strategy, executive compensation, incentive plan design, and governance best practices. Her experience includes working with clients from a variety of industries, geographies, ownerships, and phases in the business life cycle.
Prior to joining QTI, Summer gained experience through positions in H.R. consulting as well as H.R. departments. Some of her experience includes working at Mercer with a focus in Executive Compensation Consulting and at a start-up organization called DayNine (an Accenture company), implementing an H.R. technology solution called Workday. Both opportunities gave Summer exposure to a wide variety of clients’ compensation and H.R. programs. Most recently, Summer worked for a large insurance organization in its Executive Compensation Department.
Summer graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Madison with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Management and Human Resources and is a Society for Human Resource Management Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP). Summer has also passed the Professional in Human Resources (PHR) exam and Level 1 of the Certified Equity Professional (CEP) designation. Summer serves as Vice President on the Board of Directors of the Literacy Network, and she regularly lectures at the Graduate School of Banking and the Wisconsin School of Business.
Andrea Cooper is the Director of Talent at CUNA Mutual Group in Madison, WI, leading a team responsible for talent acquisition and talent management.
Prior to joining CUNA Mutual, Andrea founded Flourish, a consulting company committed to improving the employee experience through innovative leadership solutions. She has spent more than 20 years in Human Resources, including serving as the head of human resources & talent acquisition for Shopbop
She previously held multiple senior leadership roles with Walmart Stores Inc., including: head of human resources and talent acquisition for Health and Wellness, director of organizational development for the global procurement division, and serving as senior director of global diversity and inclusion.
Andrea operates strategically and influences organizational change, introducing employee-centric strategies that align with business success. As an experienced global leader, Andrea has worked in 15 countries, leading teams and providing guidance to executives around the world. She has designed and implemented programs and solutions aimed at improving business outcomes and increasing employee engagement, recognizing that one size does not fit all. She has achieved strong results with a proven ability to diagnose organizational opportunities, create strategic plans, deploy the right resources and drive for results.
This is an exciting and pivotal time in the HR profession. Now, more than ever, HR teams are required to assume a greater leadership role, contributing to the strategic direction of their organizations. The profession is no longer just about what you know – but how you do your job. SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP℠) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP℠) are poised to become the new standard for all HR professionals around the globe, as it is among the first HR certifications that is focused on teaching and testing the practical, real-life information HR professionals need to excel in their careers today, including behavioral competencies, knowledge and skills.
Test Window and Registration Date
|May 13, 2020||Oct. 16, 2020||Nov. 6, 2020|
All credentials are valid for three years. Re-certification is required every three years through demonstrated professional development (preferred method) or retaking the exam.
For more information about The SHRM Learning System® for SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP® Course Preparation, contact Christine Gruneberg by calling 608-263-0224 or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.