It takes more than a good idea to start a successful business. Issues like accounting, financing and marketing may seem overwhelming and connecting with the right resources can be challenging. WARF’s free UpStart program can help.
- Connects you with area professionals and other aspiring entrepreneurs
- Helps you gain the skills you need to launch your business
- Works with you to establish strategic goals and identify next steps
- Applicants should reside in or near Madison, WI and surrounding communities
- Business ideas should be considered a legal business in Wisconsin
- Applicants should self-identify as a woman and/or person of color
- Applicants should be supportive of an inclusive learning environment
Who can apply for UpStart?
- Applicants self-identify as a woman and/or person of color
- Applicants reside in or near Madison, WI and surrounding communities
- Business ideas considered a legal business in Wisconsin
- Applicants supportive of an inclusive learning environment
- Classes are Tues. evenings 6:00 – 8:30 PM
- September 14 through November 16, 2021
- UW Madison campus
- Discovery Building
Fees: No cost for accepted participants; this program is funded by general support from the Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation.
For more information and to apply, visit the WARF UpStart page.
Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made if requested at least two weeks in advance. Contact the UW-Madison SBDC office at email@example.com to request accommodations or to ask general questions about the SBDC, classes and consulting.