Grant Available for Business Planning Training
Does your business have a good plan to help you grow and expand?
-OR ARE YOU-
Planning to start a business and have relevant experience, adequate financial resources, market potential but need to formulate a plan to tie it all together? Then the Entrepreneurial Training Program (ETP) grant may be right for you!
What is the Entrepreneurial Training Program (ETP)?
ETP is an intensive business planning training program designed to help qualified applicants wanting to start a business or grow an existing business, and who want to write a high-quality business plan suitable for presentation to a bank. This program is a comprehensive combination of courses, business plan development and optional individual counseling, and is available for start-up ventures or business expansion. In this program, you will use the Business Model Canvas to identify your customers and determine their needs. You will analyze that information and incorporate it into a feasible business plan on a timely basis.
Key Program Features
- 8 session BizSmart Training for Entrepreneurs class (class cost subsided via ETP program participation) This class is held on the UW Madison campus.
- Additional orientation session exclusively for ETP participants (includes dinner)
- No cost individual business planning consulting from an SBDC Business Consultant (optional)
- Dedicated ETP program coordinator and tested program structure designed to facilitate timely completion of your business plan
- Independent, expert, third party review of your completed business plan
- Networking with peers and instructors
- CEU’s and a completion certificate
- An Inspiration Journal to capture key thoughts and ideas throughout the ETP journey
- Submit an online application and complete a short telephone interview
- Mandatory orientation meeting [Attendees must be approved] Date: Winter session: January 16, 2020 @ 5:00 pm and Spring Session: April 14, 2020 (Dinner provided)
- Class – Biz Smart Training for Entrepreneurs (click to see full Biz Smart class for details and dates) This class is held on the UW Madison campus.
- Option to become a no cost SBDC one-on-one business consulting client.
- Your timely completion of a written business plan, which will be evaluated by an independent, 3rd party expert upon completion.
Qualifications and Cost
ETP is a application based program, funded in part by a grant to the Wisconsin SBDC network from the WEDC. Qualified participants who successfully complete program requirements receive a $750 tuition reimbursement grant to off-set the total program cost of $1,000. For your application to be accepted, you will need to have: the capability to write a business plan, a feasible business idea, relevant experience/training and financial ability, or feasible path, to start your proposed business.
To apply for ETP, please click on the link below and complete the online application. After you have submitted your application you will be contacted by the program coordinator to schedule a short phone interview. Accepted applicants will be sent detailed information on the registration process. Before applying, please note that the Biz Smart class is held on the UW Madison campus.
If you find you need assistance with the application please contact Anne Inman at 608-265-3052 or email@example.com.
Registration, Fees and Dates
The program fee is $1000. The Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) is supporting this program by providing a grant that covers 75% or $750 of the tuition to students that successfully complete the course. To take advantage of the WEDC grant reimbursement, participants are required to submit a business plan with financials at the end of the program. Applicants pay $250 due at registration. An email outlining how to register will be sent to those that are accepted into the program.
Date: Winter Session: January 16 – March 5, 2020 (Thursday’s)
Application deadline has now closed.
Spring Session: April 14 – May 7, 2020 (accelerated program Tuesday/Thursday)
Application deadline is April 7, 2020. Deadline could close sooner if capacity is reached.
Once accepted into the program, you will be provided a link in which to register.
"The hardest part was understanding what the market actually looks like,” says Gao. “Working with Anne, we could walk through ways to approach that. The most valuable part of the course for me was the one-on-one customized sounding board, to work with someone who really got to know me and my business throughout the process.”Jenie Gao