Training Grant Available for Business Planning
Does your business have a good plan to help you grow and expand?
-OR ARE YOU-
Planning to start a business and have relevant experience, adequate financial resources, market potential but need to formulate a plan to tie it all together?
Then the Entrepreneurial Training Program (ETP) grant is right for you!
If you find you need assistance with the application please contact Anne Inman at 608-265-3052 or email@example.com.
Entrepreneurial Training Program (ETP) Benefits:
- Subsidized cost to participate in BizSmart Training for Entrepreneurs class, as well as one additional orientation session exclusive to ETP participants (includes dinner).
- Program Coordinator and structure to facilitate in your timely completion of a written Business Plan that is detailed and actionable (and can help with obtaining financing – if needed).
- Independent, expert, third party review of your completed Business Plan.
- Option to obtain one-on-one consulting at no cost with SBDC Consultant.
- Networking with Peers and creating lasting relationships with other entrepreneurs.
- A business knowledge base that you will have for life.
- CEU’s and a completion certificate.
- Inspiration Journal
- Telephone Interview
- Mandatory Orientation meeting [Attendees must be approved] Date: October 3, 2019 @ 5:00 pm (Dinner provided)
- Class Biz Smart Training for Entrepreneurs (click to see full Biz Smart class for details and dates)
- Option to become a no cost SBDC one-on-one business consulting client.
- Your timely completion of a written business plan, which will be evaluated by an independent, 3rd party expert upon completion.
The program fee is $1000. The Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) is supporting this program by providing a grant that covers 75% or $750 of the tuition to students that successfully complete the course. To take advantage of the WEDC grant reimbursement, participants are required to write a business plan with financials at the end of the program. Applicants pay $250 due at registration. An email outlining how to register will be sent to those that are accepted into the program.
Date: October 3 – November 21, 2019 Application deadline is September 25, 2019.
(Application deadlines might close earlier if the number of accepted applications reaches our capacity)
Once accepted into the program, you will be provided a link in which to register.
Registration policy: Payment is required at time of registration ($250). You must have either a credit card or valid UW-Madison funding string to be able to register. For questions related to payment call 608-262-2451.
Cancellation policy: If you cancel before the program begins, there is a $25 cancellation fee. If you cancel after the program begins you will be charged for the full program fee. To cancel, call registration at 608-262-3909.
If there is inclement weather, please call 608-263-2221 for a recorded message after 6:30 am for day classes or after 3:30 pm for night classes.
"The hardest part was understanding what the market actually looks like,” says Gao. “Working with Anne, we could walk through ways to approach that. The most valuable part of the course for me was the one-on-one customized sounding board, to work with someone who really got to know me and my business throughout the process.”Jenie Gao