Training Grant Available for Business Planning
Does your business have a good plan to help you grow and expand?
-OR ARE YOU-
Planning to start a business and have relevant experience, adequate financial resources, market potential but need to formulate a plan to tie it all together?
Then the Entrepreneurial Training Program (ETP) grant is right for you!
Entrepreneurial Training Program (ETP) Benefits:
- An Easy to Use financial template to create financial statements and projections.
- Completion of a Written Business Plan that is detailed and actionable (and can help with obtaining financing – if needed).
- One-on-one consulting at no additional cost to you.
- Networking with Peers and creating lasting relationships with other entrepreneurs.
- A business knowledge base that you will have for life.
- CEU’s and a completion certificate.
- Telephone Interview
- Orientation meeting (Mandatory) Attendees must have approved application (September, 27th 2018 @ 5:30 pm)
- Class Biz Smart Training for Entrepreneurs (click to see full Biz Smart class for details and dates)
- One-on-one business consulting
- Written business plan
Call the Small Business Development Center at 608-263-7680 for more information.
The program fee is $1000. The Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC) is supporting this program by providing a grant that covers 75% or $750 of the tuition to students that successfully complete the course. To take advantage of the WEDC grant reimbursement, participants are required to provide a business plan with financials at the end of the program. Applicants pay $250 due at registration. An email outlining how to register will be sent to those that are accepted into the program.
Date: Sept 27-Nov 29 (no class on Nov 22)
Application deadline is September 20th, 2018. Application deadline might close earlier if the number of accepted applications reaches our capacity.
Once accepted into the program, you will be provided a link in which to register.
Click here to apply
Or call 608-263-7680
Cancellation policy: If you cancel before the program begins, there is a $25 cancellation fee. If you cancel after the program begins you will be charged for the full program fee. To cancel, call registration at 608-262-3909.
If there is inclement weather, please call 608-263-2221 for a recorded message after 6:30 am for day classes or after 3:30 pm for night classes.
"Writing my business plan was difficult, but it served many purposes. For example, working through the plan made me address parts of my business that I had avoided due to lack of knowledge. It also made me realize my business's strengths -- and consequently, I was able to strategize around those strengths. The SBDC team offered wonderful support and knowledge throughout the business plan writing process. I'm now in the situation where I understand my business better and I am able to recognize the right opportunities for my business as they come along."Sue Shapcott