Overview of the Program
Biz Smart Sprint is your introduction into the world of entrepreneurship. In this live, virtual 6-week course, you will learn the building blocks you need to become a successful entrepreneur. Each week, you’ll discover the key components you need to start a business, including the Business Model Canvas business planning tool, understanding your customers and market, developing a marketing strategy, legal and operational considerations, and financial basics.
This course is an excellent touchpoint for:
- Entrepreneurs who are just starting out
- Participants who need a refresher on business basics
- More established businesses looking to formalize or revamp their business planning process
- Individuals who are considering the feasibility of their “big idea”
- Product or industry experts who are looking to learn how to think of their product or service in business terms
In addition to the program content, you’ll receive limited-time client access to GrowthWheel, an online platform that provides you with tools designed by an entrepreneur and used worldwide. These tools enable you to see a 360-degree view of your business and to break down business decision-making into smaller pieces – brick by brick. Your GrowthWheel account is accessible 24/7, and can be used to help you understand the different dimensions of your business, utilizing the worksheets to structure your thinking and assist you to prioritize/set your business goals.
Throughout Biz Smart Sprint, you will also receive GrowthWheel worksheets that can help you assess your strategy and articulate various aspects of your business. While these worksheets are fully optional for the course, they can help you capture your ideas visually and enable you to think through your own business’ challenges. If you plan to move forward with writing a business plan, GrowthWheel is a great place to keep all of your ideas in one place!
In this course, program participants will have 6 sessions of business content and a wrap-up session on next steps.
- Session 1: Course introduction, understanding the Business Model Canvas and Value Proposition Canvas
- Session 2: Identification of key customers and market in order to determine product/market fit
- Session 3: Marketing Strategy
- Session 4: Financial basics (key terms, pricing, managing cash flow, sources of financing)
- Session 5: Legal and Operational Considerations (entity selection, HR Laws/policies, insurance/liability, etc.)
- Session 6: Writing a formal Business Plan