Thank you for your interest in bringing an SBDC group training course to your team! You have a lot of priorities on your list, and creating professional development opportunities for your team is just one of them.
To keep our trainings affordable, we offer the opportunity to bring one of our existing training opportunities to you! By choosing our proven, affordable leadership classes, you can:
- Offer an added benefit to emerging and aspiring leaders and front-line managers
- Count on small class sizes designed for the business community with skill-building in mind
- Free up your time to focus on organizational initiatives
- Give your team a fresh perspective with [typically] day-long sessions appropriate for emerging and aspiring leaders and managers
- Help members of your team develop a shared language and tools around common workplace challenges
- Build a developmental leadership curriculum without having to start from scratch!
Many organizations enjoy having their leaders hear perspectives of attendees from different industries – and recharge with a day away from the routine of the office!
View our current Classes & Training page at any time to see what is currently being offered. These open-enrollment classes [unless otherwise noted] take place at UW-Madison (Grainger Hall/Wisconsin School of Business). Discounts available for groups of 8+.
Prefer to host a training exclusive to your organization? Build shared language and cohesion through a team-training experience. For the best participant experience, we recommend groups of 10-25 employees for onsite courses. Client-provided program locations should include:
- Computer with internet access, or reliable wifi accessible to the instructor
- Projection & sound capabilities
Have leaders in different parts of the country or world? Online (live virtual) options are available for many of our courses. Hosting an online training enables you to bring UW-Madison training opportunities to team members – wherever they are! Online trainings also provide the opportunity to split up the curriculum so that you can better integrate learning over time. For the best participant experience, we recommend groups of 10-20 employees for online courses.
If you are interested in hosting a group onsite or internal-only training, please complete the interest form to provide us with a better idea of what you are looking to host. For our training sessions, we bring the courses we offer to you! Most of our courses are either a half-day or full-day in length.
Common topics include:
- Introduction to leadership mindset (for those new to leadership roles)
- Establishing leadership values (personal leadership brand)
- Communication styles & working with different styles
- Delegating tasks effectively
- Coaching employees
- Conflict Management
- Emotional intelligence/people skills
- Giving effective feedback
- Presentation skills/Presentation Advantage (Franklin Covey course)
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (Franklin Covey course)
- 5 Choices to Extraordinary Productivity (Franklin Covey course)
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (live virtual only)
Once we receive your intake form, we can provide you with a quote, explore instructor availability, and help you get started!
Have further questions? Contact Heather Ferguson, UW-Madison SBDC Program Manager.
The Wisconsin SBDC Network is a proud part of the Institute for Business & Entrepreneurship in the University of Wisconsin System.
It is funded in part through a Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration.